Saturday 31 December 2011

The Final Wrap Up

It was only a few days into my trip around the world to discover my love for writing lists. It definitely didn't start this year, and in fact I remember throughout school I wrote them as a way of organising my life (well, to a certain degree at least). After having visited sixteen very different countries over a fantastic eight months, I have decided to include a list of the 'top three' meals, museums, markets and much more!



HOSTELS

Art Factory Hostel, Buenos Aires
Bubble Hostel, Budapest
Urban House Hostel, San Sebastian


MARKETS

Camden Markets, London
El Alto Markets, La Paz
San Telmo Leather Markets, Buenos Aires







GROOVY CAFES

Mistral Cafe, Prague
Oliv, Berlin
Die Fabrik, Berlin


SPOTS TO WATCH THE SUNSET

The Pier, San Sebastian
The trampoline, The Boat in the Mediterranean
Our penthouse apartment, La Paz







MUSEUMS

The Guggenheim, Bilbao
Fundacion Joan Miro`, Barcelona
Musee D'Orsay, Paris


SCRUMPTIOUS MEALS

Goats cheese ravioli, steak and citrus tart, Hotel du Nord, Paris
Poached chicken and pomegranate salad, Somerset House, London
Maria's gourmet salads, The Boat





AREAS FOR FINDING THE BEST CLOTHING

Le Marias, Paris
Mitte, Berlin
Brick Lane & Shoreditch, London


NATURAL ESCAPES

Machu Picchu, Peru
Cappaodoccia, Turkey
The Mediterranean, Italy & France





SPOTS TO ENJOY A GLASS OF WINE AT NIGHT

The steps of the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur, Paris
Joe's roof, London
Below the Eiffel Tower, Paris


EXHIBITIONS

Gerhard Richter 'Panorama', Tate Modern, London
The Power of Making, Victoria & Albert Museum, London
Permanent exhibition, Mumok, Vienna





RESTAURANTS

Accademia, Barcelona
El Naturista, Santiago de Chile
Hotel du Nord, Paris



VIEWPOINTS OVER A CITY

The Woods, Zurich
The Castle, Budapest
Prague Castle, Prague









FREE WALKING TOURS

City tour, Santiago de Chile
New Berlin tour, Berlin
Graffiti tour, Buenos Aires




I like these lists, I think they remind me of the greatest and most exciting moments of my journey. I hope that, like me, the numerous blog posts from the past eight months will inspire you to visit, and consequently fall in love with these cities.



No comments:

Post a Comment